Sunday, June 20, 2010

What invention would you like to see in your lifetime?

We've come a long way since the stone age. These days we have so many new technologies which we take for granted. Some of these include: cellphones, the internet, computers, television, cars, GPS devices, microwaves, and many more. However there is still much more work to be done. There are countless inventions that are still yet to be invented. Take a look at some of my favorite future creations that i would like to see:

-Time travel

This is my favorite of all the inventions. I can't wait till the day when I can correspond with my past or future self about issues that effect me today. While transporting of people through time is not feasible at this time, there currently exists the blueprints for a time machine that can transport tiny particles and even information to the past and/or future.

-Teleportation

I'm so lazy. So, when the prospect of being teleported from one place to another without being required to move was introduced to me. I said, "when do we start!" I look forward to the day when people have their own teleporation devices in their home.

-Smart Robots

Now, I know that often times movies paint a worst-case-scenario image of robots. Movies such as Terminator and I, Robot are just a couple. They would have you believe that if we make robots too sentient, they will turn on the human race and disaster would ensue. I don't believe this to be the case. I believe that smart robots would only be good for our society.

-Brain-Computer Interface

This one I know is already in the works. I saw a 60 Minutes segment about scientists hooking up people and animals brains to a computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment